Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Bewitched


Happy First Week of Fall! :) 

I think my favorite thing about Fall has to be Halloween, and lately I have been obsessed with witches...okay not lately it's been awhile! :) Not the ugly green witches, but beautiful feminine witches in touch with nature and the energy around them. This obsession has definitely started to influence my style, my photography, and even my editing. I love the idea of creating "magical photographs". This week I had the chance for a quick Fall session with Derek right as the sun was setting! I just loved the Fall colors and the way he was able to capture so much life and mystery in each photograph he took. For the shoot I wore these beautiful Nine West ankle boots, black skinnys from H&M, and this emerald green synched top by Michael Kors. Witches always seem to be wearing hats, so I grabbed my gorgeous suede floppy hat that was perfect for the Fall weather.  

In the next few weeks I will be collaborating with my good friend with Studio Dark, and we have officially decided on the theme of Witches for our Halloween studio shoot! I recently read, "To be a witch is to be a healer, teacher, seeker, giver, and protector of all things." I have so much more to prepare before our halloween shoot, but I'm so excited to work with my friends to bring this vision of what a witch really is to life!

xoxo

effy










Don't forget to follow me on instagram @effysmiles for more photos every week! 




Photography by Mazzetti Photography





No comments:

Post a Comment